[GRASS-dev] New v.digit

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 26 01:49:41 EST 2007

Michael Barton wrote:

> Do you mind if I change the display and digitizing controls window
> titles to "Digitizing $map_name@$map_mapset" (from "v.digit -
> $map_name@$map_mapset".
>
> This is a bit more descriptive, especially when run from the GIS
> Manager rather than from the command line.
>
> "Digitizing controls for $map_name@$map_mapset" might be even better
> for the toolbox window, but I'm afraid that title would be too long
> for some maps.

For my 2c, I still prefer "v.digit - $mapname".

@$mapset is redundant, you can only edit maps in the current mapset.
Or if you really want the mapset in there, use "in mapset $mapset".

Glynn:
[-n flag]
> It shouldn't be *removed* without warning, but if it is considered
> unnecessary, it can be ignored. IOW, if the old map doesn't exist,
> always create a new map, rather than generating an error if -n wasn't
> given.

mmph. it protects uncoordinated typists such as myself from small typos
in a map name from becoming larger problems/wasted time.

Hamish

ps- [-n flag] I made a mistake some time ago calling a module flag
"superseded" (replaced) when it was better termed "depreciated"
(removed). For a lot of cases now "depreciated" is a better word for
what's happening but "superseded" is what is now used.