[GRASS-dev] Re: g.rename consolidation

Maris Nartiss maris.gis at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 04:23:17 EST 2007

Just a small flamme notice.
I had opportunity to watch how total n00bs and lam3s work with GRASS.
One of problems for them was how to know whem some module has finished
it's work witout error. Curretnly lot of GRASS modules output
different progress info, that many users may found fustrating, but
after reporting about "opening" and "closing" maps, it does not report
"success" at end. In good old times it was easy to know, that module
has finished it's run - it was just returning GRASS prompt to user to
get new command. Nowdays progress may go to different window somewhere
behind other windows between gazzilion of other unnecessary info and
it may be hard to distinguish what's important and what is not and as
progress bar due extensive output may be scrolled up far, far away,
how to know how many % module has completed?

Just my 0.02 $
Maris.