[GRASS-dev] ps.map fprintf -> G_

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Thu Jan 4 05:42:35 EST 2007

Hi Jachym,

2007/1/3, Jachym Cepicky <jachym.cepicky at centrum.cz>:
> Hi,
> nice job, thanks for the patch, but when I'm thinking about it, ...
>
>  this patch makes ps.map set it's verbosity not by the --quiet
> or --verbose flags, but also according to the input configuration file.

Right, this patch allows to set verbosity level by the --q/v flag or
by verbose mapping instruction.

> imho, the simplest solution should be, remove the VERBOSE keyword from
> ps.map. It would not harm to anythink. I doubt, some people are parsing

Not sure, it would break backward compatibility. OK, maybe the verbose
instruction should be removed later, now just printing appropriate
warning about it. There is also question about priority: the --q/v
flag should overwrite the mapping instruction or not?

> output from ps.map in their scripts.
>
> If so, G_set_verbose function is the best solution.
>
> What do others think?

> Jachym

Thanks for the feedback Jachym.

--