[GRASS-dev] g.list -a

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Tue Jan 9 06:16:27 EST 2007

Martin Landa wrote:

> 1) Q: allowing multiple data type would be useful for the user - is it desired ?
> e.g. type=rast,vect,region

I think so.

Once g.list can list all types, making it list an arbitrary set of
types is simple enough.

> 2) It seems better to add the type 'all' to g.list manually
> (especially because of the requested type parameter). I am not sure
> how to do it in an elegant way (see the patch) - my approach seems to
> be very ugly.

I would abandon the approach of having a separate "parse" function in
favour of iterating over element->answers and listing each type as
it's encountered.

lib/do_list.c doesn't need to change; just have cmd/list.c call
do_list() once for each type.