[GRASS-dev] Updates to GRASS startup committed

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Tue Jan 23 23:56:51 EST 2007

Maris,

I committed your first patch to improve the GRASS startup (more robust error
trapping, convenience features like automatic mapset selection after
creation, etc.).

As we already discussed, I did not commit the second patch dealing with
naming restrictions because this needs more discussion and refinement.

Thanks for helping make GRASS easier to begin for users. I, too, feel that
the startup is crucial since it is the first thing a new user encounters
when she/he starts GRASS for the first time.

Michael
Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University

phone: 480-965-6213