[GRASS-dev] Re: gui startup bug (new locn by epsg code)

Maris Nartiss maris.gis at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 05:22:26 EST 2007

Hi,

I can confirm this bug.

Problem is - this EPSG code requires aditional user input from comand
line - just try to run "g.proj -c proj4=+init=epsg:2258
location=EpsgBug" whithin GRASS session and g.proj will ask for
aditional parameters. As current tcl/tk code does not open xterm for
g.proj operations, it stucks on waiting user input from nonexisting
xterm app.

IMHO this should be fixed in g.proj first to make it independend from
interactive comandline usage and then startup screen can be fixed to
use new g.proj feature.

Sorry for bad news,
Maris.