[GRASS-dev] [bug #5210] (grass) v.transform: V_ask error message: Illegal row in call to V_const

Maciek Sieczka via RT grass-bugs at intevation.de
Tue Jan 30 11:06:22 EST 2007

this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=5210

Request number 5210 was commented on by 'msieczka' (Maciek Sieczka).
Responding to this message will send mail to the requestor.

			Request Tracker
			rt at intevation.de

Cc: grass-dev at grass.itc.it

Re-opening the bug.

hbowman wrote (Mon, Nov 20 2006 02:59:07):

> is the interactive Vask part even functional?

I confirm it's not in v.transform. IMHO the option to provide the
transformation in a text file (pointsfile) should be left as is, and the
interactive part removed. I think it would be safe, because:

1. AFAIK, interactive v.transform never worked (did it?)
2. even if worked, interactive functionality it is not that likely to be used
in user scripts
3. I often heard that one of the current aims of GRASS is to get rid of
interactive functionality if possible - isn't this a good candidate?

Maciek