[GRASS-dev] Re: gis.m/geocoding tool broken?

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Mon Jul 2 17:43:23 EDT 2007

Found and fixed this. Now in the CVS

What I think happened is that several months ago, it became (or I learned
that it was) no longer necessary to set and unset GRASS_RENDER_IMMEDIATE for
the GUI. Just set it and leave it set. I took this out of the main GUI code
(mapcanvas.tcl), but forgot to take it out of the georect.tcl code (which
does a replication of the same rendering commands to display a georect map.
the result was that every time you displayed a map in the georectifier
window, it would set, then UNSET GRASS_RENDER_IMMEDIATE. With this
environmental variable unset, the main GUI (which no longer set and unset
this variable at each display) was looking for a driver for outputting the
display.

I took this unnecessary code out of georect.tcl and it all works fine.

***How can I find out if this needs to be backported to 6.2.2?******

It WILL need to be backported if the command to set/unset
GRASS_RENDER_IMMEDIATE has been removed from mapcanvas.tcl. If this command
is still in mapcanvas.tcl, georect.tcl ALSO needs this command (i.e., what I
just removed).

Michael