[GRASS-dev] r.proj.seg -> r.proj

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Thu Jul 19 22:16:52 EDT 2007

Markus Neteler wrote:

> if there are no objections, I will retire r.proj and
> rename r.proj.seg -> r.proj in GRASS 6.3-CVS.
>
> The file bilinear.c still contains a "Press" reference,
> does it still hold true since it uses G_interp_bilinear()?

No idea, but it may as well be removed. Ditto for the Richards
reference in cubic.c.

The G_interp_* functions were written from scratch (several modules
originally had bogus gradient calculations for bicubic interpolation).

There probably isn't much point referring to a source when the code
wasn't written with reference to that source, even if the equations
are the same (for bilinear interpolation, they're bound to be
equivalent, but that isn't necessarily true for bicubic).