[GRASS-dev] d.font -l: please sort alphabetically

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Wed Jul 25 16:06:27 EDT 2007

Paul Kelly wrote:

> - Glynn mentioned that adding a d.font -L flag (capital L rather than
> lower-case l) might be a good idea for that. It isn't entirely simple
> though, but just needs some work. Do you think that would be enough? Or
> should we change the search to sort on the short name - case-insensitively
> perhaps? You could try that if you want and see if it gives you good
> results on your system - just change the two references to "longname" in
> that function to "name".
>
> I'm not sure how much info the d.font -L flag should produce though - just
> the short name and long name, or the path to the file, index within the
> file etc.?

I've added R_font_info(), which behaves like R_font_list() except that
each string is the entire fontcap entry rather than just the name.

I've also added a -L switch to d.font. Currently, this dumps the raw
string (with fields separated by the | character); some formatting
would probably be desirable.