[GRASS-dev] r.in.xyz upgrade

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 25 20:16:01 EDT 2007

Volker Wichmann wrote:
> I have upgraded r.in.xyz to allow for the following aggregate
> functions: - skewness
> - median
> - percentile
> - trimmed mean
>
> To make this possible, I created singly linked lists for all points
> falling into a cell. I followed a suggestion of Glynn and used arrays
> instead of pointers and stored the head of each list in a raster map
> ([GRASS-dev] storing pointers in CELL_TYPE maps? (from April 2007)).
> The  linked lists are then used to calculate the corresponding
> statistics  before binning the values.
> So far we encountered no problems with this approach in our working
> group, but I'm not sure about some details. Maybe there should be some
> more checks, e.g. to prevent the index to overflow because of too many
> cells.
>
> If you are interested I'd like to share the code. Maybe it would be
> best  to send a copy to Hamish first?

Hi Volker,

cheers for the upgrade, I'm sure it will be useful for many folks.

I will be travelling for the next couple of weeks and won't have a
chance to look at it before then. In the mean time can you post the
unidiff to the code patch tracker?

http://wald.intevation.org/tracker/?group_id=21

thanks,
Hamish