[GRASS-dev] [grass-code I][449] r.in.gdal - output test for parameter location= fails

grass-codei at wald.intevation.org grass-codei at wald.intevation.org
Thu Jul 26 05:03:07 EDT 2007

code I item #449, was opened at 2007-07-26 09:03
Issue type: module bug
Issue status: None
GRASS version: 6.2
GRASS component: raster
Operating system: Linux
Operating system version: debian testing
GRASS CVS checkout date, if applies (YYMMDD):

Initial Comment:
when I try create a new location using r.in.gdal with the parameter location=, there is a test for an existing map in the current mapset and the import fails.

GRASS 6.2.2 (location_utm):~ > r.in.gdal in=karte.jpg out=karte location=karte_xy
Error: option <output>: <karte> exists

-> of course there is no map "karte" in the not even existing location: karte_xy.

BTW: For v.in.ogr it works correctly.

 regards,
   Otto