[GRASS-dev] d.font -l: please sort alphabetically

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Sun Jul 29 19:26:05 EDT 2007

On Sun, 29 Jul 2007, Hamish wrote:

> Paul mentioned that the stroke fonts have no long description. It would be nice
> if someone could write those and insert somehow as their names can be a little

I've fixed that now (since last week). There is a file fonts.table
installed into $GISBASE/etc/fonts that contains all the names (actually I
got them from the d.font man page!). The names in this file are picked up
by g.mkfontcap when scanning for stroke fonts.

> cryptic. Another nice idea is to write a little d.font && d.text script that
> demonstrates what those all look like and post it + a screenshot of the result
> to the wiki. (sorry can't help, I'm supposed to be AWOL right now)

There's show.fonts.sh but it would be better to parse the output of
d.font -L. I'll look at it if I get time.

Paul