[GRASS-dev] d.font -l: please sort alphabetically

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Tue Jul 31 19:56:31 EDT 2007

On Sun, 29 Jul 2007, Hamish wrote:

> Paul mentioned that the stroke fonts have no long description. It would be nice
> if someone could write those and insert somehow as their names can be a little
> cryptic. Another nice idea is to write a little d.font && d.text script that
> demonstrates what those all look like and post it + a screenshot of the result
> to the wiki. (sorry can't help, I'm supposed to be AWOL right now)

I've written a short Perl script (see attached) that sort of does that. It
would be nice to refine it and make it automatically create multiple PNG
files or something like that. At the minute probably best to run it with
large resolution PNG output, then resample to a lower resolution and split
into pieces before putting on display anywhere.

Paul