[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASSGUI] CLI working again

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Fri Jun 8 12:49:04 EDT 2007

On Jun 8, 2007, at 11:26 AM, Michael Barton wrote:

> Hi William,
>

> On 6/8/07 7:15 AM, "William Kyngesburye" <woklist at kyngchaos.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I've been meaning to ask about wxgrass and CLI stuff - you're
>> obviously working on a GUI psuedo-terminal for running commands the
>> old-fashioned CLI way.  I take it there is/will be no need for
>> something like 'grass-xterm-wrapper', and any place that the TclTk
>> GUI used that this pseudo terminal will work in wxgrass?
>
> This should be unnecessary for a couple of reasons. One is that the
> new
> wxgrass is native Mac, rather than xwindows. So stuff will run from
> the
> regular terminal. The other is the desire to include a built in
> terminal
> feature. This already exists in the TclTk version, but most people
> don't
> notice or take advantage of it--probably because it's kind of on
> the 'busy'
> side.

I kinda figured it wouldn't need some sort of external pseudo-
terminal thing and be able to use its own.  Just checking.

>> PS. did you ever get a chance to try my Terminal-enabled version of
>> grass-xterm-wrapper?  I've been lazy in committing it, so you'd have
>> to dig it out of the email, or maybe I should just commit it
>> anyways.  It's in my binaries and I haven't heard of any problems
>> yet...
>
> I guess I didn't but I'm not sure. I assumed that it was in the
> cvs. I've
> probably buried your email somewhere. But it must be working
> somehow, since
> I use the terminal for everything in the TclTk/x11 version of GRASS
> and
> don't need to use the x11 terminal. I'm compiling from your *.app
> setup.

So, the create location by projection values opens in a Terminal?
Then yes, you must have installed it into your source.  When you
update your CVS you probably always get a line "M lib/init/grass-
xterm-wrapper".

I'll commit it then, to make it official.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

Theory of the Universe

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly
what the universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly
disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarrely
inexplicable.  There is another theory which states that this has
already happened.

-Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy 2nd season intro