[GRASS-dev] d.extend in gui

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 10 04:25:14 EDT 2007

Glynn Clements wrote:
> It shouldn't be particularly complicated to make g.region accept any
> combination of region=, rast=, rast3d=, vect= and zoom= (and possibly
> also n=/s=/e=/w=) and to set the region to the union of all of them.
> Actually, -d could also be used, and you might want an option to
> include the current region as well.

The mention of -d reminds me that g.region (or anything else) still
lacks a way to reset the DEFAULT_WIND region. When creating new location
from EPSG code the default region is just set to 0,1,0,1 IIRC. I'm not
sure what happens if you create a new location from a datafile with
r.in.gdal/v.in.ogr. Hopefully it sets the default region to match that
map's region, but I'm not sure if it does or not.

Hamish