[GRASS-dev] silly question - running a python script

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Sun Jun 10 00:47:46 EDT 2007

I made a python script (rules_colors.py) , following the template on the
GRASS WIKI

<http://grass.gdf-hannover.de/wiki/GRASS_and_Python>

I can run the script from the command line...

python rules_colors.py

...and it launches a TclTk GUI.

When I try to launch it from within the wxPython GUI, it will not launch and
gives the error...

IOError: Couldn't fetch interface description for command <rules_colors.py>.

Indeed if I try to launch it from the command line with...

python rules_colors.py --interface-description

...it gives me an error and does not recognize the ³‹interface-description²
flag.

This will need to work correctly if we are to start doing scripts in Python.
Any suggestions?

Mciahel

Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University