[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASSGUI] silly question - running a python script

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Sun Jun 10 20:08:44 EDT 2007

On 6/10/07 1:36 PM, "Glynn Clements" <glynn at gclements.plus.com> wrote:

> Michael Barton wrote:
>
>> I forgot, to send the script. Here it is. Doesn't work and I haven't updated
>> main to use a list. But maybe a starting place for figuring out how to do
>> scripting with python and GRASS.
>
> If I comment out the "import wx" and "import rules", then both:
>
> python rules_colors.py --interface-description
> and:
> chmod +x rules_colors.py
> ./rules_colors.py --interface-description
>
> work fine. Ditto for --help etc.

I needed import wx and import rules to launch an interactive window in
wxPython. I wonder why they cause problems.

> That indicates that the use of g.parser is okay.
>
> BTW, what's the point of using:
>
> #!/usr/bin/env python
>
> rather than:
>
> #!/usr/bin/python

It's that way in the modules in the svn. In the past, I've had trouble with
the Python shbang on my Mac and so can't really tell which is better. My
Python is in /usr/bin however.

> AFAICT, using env in this way is a no-op.

Michael

Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University

phone: 480-965-6213