[GRASS-dev] d.rast.edit in wxgrass

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Tue Jun 12 03:52:42 EDT 2007

d.rast.edit ought to run from wxgrass, assuming that TclTk is installed. It
launches the wxPython properties dialog when called from the menu. However,
the wxPython properties dialog, then launches the TclTk properties dialog
instead of just running the command (note that running d.rast.edits with
arguments runs fine from the wxgrass built in CLI).

The place where the command is getting rerouted to call the TclTk dialog
seems to be in line 636 of menuform.py

retcode = subprocess.call(cmd, shell=True)

Any idea why this might be? I could hack around this for the one command,
but there should be a more generic solution it seems.

BTW, I got the xterm launching method to work by using
subprocess.Popen(cmdlist) for starting the needed xmon ['d.mon',
'start=xmon']. Both cmd.Command(cmdlist) and cmd.Command(cmdlist,
wait=False) didn't work and hung up waiting on the xmon. Don't know why.

Michael
Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University

phone: 480-965-6213