[GRASS-dev] d.rast.edit in wxgrass

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Tue Jun 12 11:58:48 EDT 2007

Michael Barton wrote:

> d.rast.edit ought to run from wxgrass, assuming that TclTk is installed. It
> launches the wxPython properties dialog when called from the menu. However,
> the wxPython properties dialog, then launches the TclTk properties dialog
> instead of just running the command (note that running d.rast.edits with
> arguments runs fine from the wxgrass built in CLI).
>
> The place where the command is getting rerouted to call the TclTk dialog
> seems to be in line 636 of menuform.py

It's being treated as a layer because it begins with "d.".

The "d.*" hack is a bad idea; I suggest that you remove it.

> retcode = subprocess.call(cmd, shell=True)

Why are you using a string instead of a list?

> Any idea why this might be? I could hack around this for the one command,
> but there should be a more generic solution it seems.
>
> BTW, I got the xterm launching method to work by using
> subprocess.Popen(cmdlist) for starting the needed xmon ['d.mon',
> 'start=xmon']. Both cmd.Command(cmdlist) and cmd.Command(cmdlist,
> wait=False) didn't work and hung up waiting on the xmon. Don't know why.

Personally, I suggest not bothering with interactive d.* commands.
wxgrass isn't going to be stable until 7.x (apart from anything else,
wxPython 2.8 isn't going to be in widespread use before then), so I
don't see much point in making an effort to support features which
will have been removed by then.