[GRASS-dev] GRASS and GDAL 1.4.1 MingW

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Thu Jun 14 10:11:10 EDT 2007

On Thu, 14 Jun 2007, Benjamin Ducke wrote:

> I just tried installing the GDAL version contained in the
> wingrass-extralibs package:
>
> http://grass.gdf-hannover.de/wiki/WinGRASS_Current_Status
>
> following the precise steps as outlined here:
>
> http://grass.gdf-hannover.de/wiki/WinGRASS_Current_Status
>
> With a fresh update of GRASS CVS
>
> Still the same configure error:
>
> checking for gdal-config... /usr/local/bin/gdal-config
> checking for GDALOpen... no
> checking for GDALOpen... no
> configure: error: *** couldn't find GDAL
>
> What am I doing wrong?

Look in config.log to see what the error is and you should be able to work
it out from there. However I suspect you may need to change the paths at
the top of the gdal-config script to match where you have actually
installed it, rather than where I installed it before I generated
wingrass-extralibs.tar.gz. It's not designed to be fool-proof, just a help
to save effort in compiling all the other libraries. Although maybe
long-term we could move away from using the gdal-config command in the
configure script to get away from problems like  this. I think everything
its used for should probably be able to be achieved without it.

Paul