[GRASS-dev] GRASS and GDAL 1.4.1 MingW

Benjamin Ducke benjamin.ducke at ufg.uni-kiel.de
Fri Jun 15 08:32:41 EDT 2007

It's pretty complex code with additional external dependencies and most
of my archaeological colleagues simply don't have the technical know how
to get it running from a source repository.
This was the original reason why I created GEM which now comes with the
current GRASS in CVS. Since I don't have the time to maintain my code
in several repositories, I will maintain it only in GEM packages.
In the near future, I want to make these work on MingW, as well, but for
now I need a quicker solution because I want to use the software in a
class this semester.