[GRASS-dev] Re: Mac binary

kyngchaos at kyngchaos.com kyngchaos at kyngchaos.com
Fri Jun 15 19:33:01 EDT 2007

> I got a tcltk error with both 6.3 cvs, my last compilation and your
> 30 may installer. Same happens with 6.2
> Application initialization failed: couldn't connect to display ":0.0"
> Error in startup script: couldn't connect to display ":0.0"
>      while executing
> "load /Applications/GRASS-6.3.app/Contents/Resources/lib/tk8.4/../
> libtk8.4.dylib Tk"
>      ("package ifneeded" script)
>      invoked from within
> "package require Tk 8.0"
>      ("package ifneeded" script)
>      invoked from within
> "package require -exact BWidget 1.2.1"
>      (file "/Applications/GRASS-6.3.app/Contents/Resources/etc/dm/
> d.m.tcl" line 23)

I'm not sure.  First, X11 needs to be running, of course.  This should be
taken of by the app startup.

Do you have a DISPLAY setting in your .bash_profile?  The app startup will
set it to :0.0 for you, but only if it isn't set already.  If you do have
something in .bash_profile (or other shell init script), it may be set
wrong.  That's all I can think of.

If it used to work, maybe you installed something that added a DISPLAY
line to your .bash_profile?

I don't use d.m, and only occassionally gis.m.  gis.m works for me.