[GRASS-dev] resolving more menu issues

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 18 05:33:31 EDT 2007

Hamish:
> > it would be nice to move generic wrapper scripts which are just
> > needed for a GUI/core interaction (ie nothing to do with tcl or wx)
> > from  gui/tcltk/gis.m/script/  to gui/scripts/

Now done for non-obsolete scripts. After install they live in
$GISBASE/etc/gui/scripts/.

d.shadedmap moved to the main script/ dir, now it's a normal module.

I added a -d flag to d.title to run G_system(d.text) automatically, so
d.title.sh is now obsolete.

the rest of the GUI wrapper scripts should be removed once the modules
they wrap become more GUI-friendly (ie sometime before GRASS 7):

- r.reclass, r.recode, r.colors, take input from a file= option as an
alternative to stdin; better- write a GUI to help make the input file
then run r.reclass with that)

- d.path has a coor= option now, so it can be used non-interactively.
i.e. the GUI can pick the two coords interactively and then run the
module non-interactively and display the result.

- The r.support bug is still weird. (breaks out after two [y/n]
questions if run directly in an xterm)

hopefully no problems,

Hamish