[GRASS-dev] resolving more menu issues

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Sat Jun 23 11:07:17 EDT 2007

Thanks. Are the menu references to these changed too?

Now that I'm back, I hope to make r.reclass.rules and r.recode.rules
obsolete for TclTk like I did for wxPython. I'm hoping that r.reclass.file
and r.recode.file can be made obsolete with slight changes to the C-modules
too.

Michael

On 6/18/07 2:33 AM, "Hamish" <hamish_nospam at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hamish:
>>> it would be nice to move generic wrapper scripts which are just
>>> needed for a GUI/core interaction (ie nothing to do with tcl or wx)
>>> from  gui/tcltk/gis.m/script/  to gui/scripts/
>
> Now done for non-obsolete scripts. After install they live in
> $GISBASE/etc/gui/scripts/.
>
> d.shadedmap moved to the main script/ dir, now it's a normal module.
>
> I added a -d flag to d.title to run G_system(d.text) automatically, so
> d.title.sh is now obsolete.
>
> the rest of the GUI wrapper scripts should be removed once the modules
> they wrap become more GUI-friendly (ie sometime before GRASS 7):
>
> - r.reclass, r.recode, r.colors, take input from a file= option as an
> alternative to stdin; better- write a GUI to help make the input file
> then run r.reclass with that)
>
> - d.path has a coor= option now, so it can be used non-interactively.
> i.e. the GUI can pick the two coords interactively and then run the
> module non-interactively and display the result.
>
> - The r.support bug is still weird. (breaks out after two [y/n]
> questions if run directly in an xterm)
>

> hopefully no problems,
>
> Hamish

Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity