[GRASS-dev] new interactive rules setting for TclTk

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Sun Jun 24 23:49:15 EDT 2007

I've just committed a new script (rules.tcl) for the TclTk GUI that permits
interactive rule setting without needing an xterm for r.colors, r.reclass,
r.recode, and v.reclass. The interface lets you select the input map and  an
output map (except for r.colors where it is not needed), and offers a simple
text widget where rules can be entered. There are several improvements I'd
like to add and hope that someone can help with.

1. I've managed to bind Control-c for copying in the text widget (Control-x
already cuts), but can't get Control-v to paste.

2. For r.reclass and r.recode, I am currently using a redirect (i.e.,
command < rulesfile) to get rules into the process, but I don't think that
this works with Windows (However, I'm not Windows savvy). I'd like to use
pure TclTk for this, but don't know how to do it--probably with "open", but
I'm not sure.

A better solution would be for r.reclass and r.recode to have a rules=[file]
argument, so that they could be treated like r.colors and v.reclass.

You'll need to update the menu (gmmenu.tcl) as well as get the rules.tcl
file to test.

Let me know how it works on other systems.

Michael
Director of Graduate Studies
Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University