[GRASS-dev] Mac xterm wrapper problem with wxgrass

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Mon Jun 25 22:53:35 EDT 2007

Oops. I spoke too soon. It still hangs.

Here is what I'm doing to test it. I start r.digit from the wxgrass menu. It
launches an xmonitor and terminal properly. Then I hit return to cancel. The
program shuts down, but I get a spinning beach ball with the wxgrass GUI,
and have to force quite wxPython.

Michael

On 6/25/07 6:51 PM, "William Kyngesburye" <woklist at kyngchaos.com> wrote:

> On Jun 25, 2007, at 7:50 PM, Michael Barton wrote:
>
>>> BUT, there is still the problem on PPC where once grass-xterm-wrapper
>>> runs, a new GRASS.app will not run until Terminal.app is quit (and
>>> thus all other running GRASS sessions).
>>>
>> I don't think this is a real problem. On other systems, you can
>> only have
>> one GRASS session running at a time.
>
> Actually, I think you can.  Just not more than one in the same mapset.
>
> -----
> http://www.kyngchaos.com/
>
> "Those people who most want to rule people are, ipso-facto, those
> least suited to do it."
>
> - A rule of the universe, from the HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Director of Graduate Studies
Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University

phone: 480-965-6213