[GRASS-dev] [grass-code I][318] r.in.wms pretends to be MSIE5.5. Sod that!

grass-codei at wald.intevation.org grass-codei at wald.intevation.org
Thu Mar 1 01:50:06 EST 2007

code I item #318, was opened at 2007-03-01 19:50
Issue type: module bad feature
Issue status: None
GRASS version: CVS HEAD
GRASS component: raster
Operating system: all
Operating system version:
GRASS CVS checkout date, if applies (YYMMDD):

Initial Comment:
The wgetoptions= option in r.in.wms (and wms.download) adds:
  --user-agent=MSIE5.5

It doesn't help the cause any to pretend that alternatives to MSIE don't exist. I don't mind a mention in the help page to add that trick if the user comes across a brain-dead server which won't let them in, but by default we should be proud to use wget & FOSS!

I think we should remove that from the scripts.

Hamish