[GRASS-dev] New feature (algorithm and / or module) to implent to GRASS (long)

Dylan Beaudette dylan.beaudette at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 00:16:58 EST 2007

On Saturday 03 March 2007 12:48, Wolf Bergenheim wrote:
> Well,
>
> it seems that the label placement is what I'm going to implement for
> this course. It was also my number one preference. After I'm done I'll
> see about starting on another, or perhaps they could be ideas for the
> Google SoC? I have copies of those algorithms, so I'll be happy to shear
> them too (though they are public knowledge). The algorithms are not that
> complex, and so these could be an easy way to introduce people to the
> GRASS library.
>
> Anyway I'd like to thank you all on your comments and encouragement. :)
>
> --Wolf

This is great news Wolf! Once your label collision system is complete I think
that it can be tied in nicely with the GRASS-GMT work that has been underway.
Label placement in GMT is done feature-by-feature, so the output from your
module should be a drop-in upgrade to the current use of centroids, etc.

Cheers,

Dylan

--
Dylan Beaudette