Fwd: Re: [GRASS-dev] VTK export for lat-long locations

Benjamin Ducke benjamin.ducke at ufg.uni-kiel.de
Tue Mar 6 10:45:14 EST 2007

Wow, that explains the result I got!
So I guess you need to know exactly how many meters a lat/long cell
dimension is in the current projection, so you can scale the Z axis
accordingly?
Does this vary between cells? Does GRASS have a function to calculate
metric lengths between two points in a lat-long system? If so, I guess
you would need to take the the metric distance between corner points of
a lat-long cell and use the value for Z axis scaling?