Fwd: Re: [GRASS-dev] VTK export for lat-long locations

Benjamin Ducke benjamin.ducke at ufg.uni-kiel.de
Tue Mar 6 11:50:41 EST 2007

OK, so as Markus has pointed out, we have the necessary funcs in
lib/vector/Vlib/line.c.
And as you pointed out, the basic scaling information changes with every
raster row.
I assume that you export a GRASS raster map in some loop construct where
the outer loop goes through the rows in the GRASS map and the inner loop
goes through the columns?
Then the code could be something like this:

intialize geodesic distance measures (?)

for all rows in current map do

	get width of one cell (region east resolution)
	use Vect_line_geodesic_length()	to get metric length cell

	for all columns in current row do
		scale z using current metric length
		output x,y,z to VTK file
	done