[GRASS-dev] grass location creation

Helena Mitasova hmitaso at unity.ncsu.edu
Wed Mar 7 12:02:06 EST 2007

On Mar 7, 2007, at 2:13 AM, Jachym Cepicky wrote:

> I have the QGIS version here ;-)
>
> g.region -s would be great...
>
> however - should it work from PERMANENT mapset only, or from any other
> mapset too?

if you are talking about saving as default region it should work from
PERMANENT mapset only
as in GRASS  you can change the files only in your current mapset
and the default region is stored in PERMANENT.
This would add an important missing piece - it was a real pain not to
have it
when I started to work with the spearfish replacement data set and I
tried
to work as a normal user (not editing the DEFAULT_WIND files) as my
default
regions we set to 1,1,1 for locations where I used the EPSG code.

thanks for looking into it,

Helena