GRASS SVN migration - was Re: [GRASS-dev] d.menu, d.ask

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Tue Mar 13 10:43:29 EDT 2007

Martin Landa wrote on 03/13/2007 02:05 PM:
> Hi,
>
> 2007/3/13, Glynn Clements <glynn at gclements.plus.com>:
> [snip]
>> Is there an expected timeline for 7.x? If so, does that signify a
>> point at which fundamental changes to the graphics architecture can
>> commence?
>
> no exact timeline exists AFAIK. There is plan to migrate to SVN in
> connection to GRASS7. I hope it will be done soon.
>
> Martin

Bernhard,
we would like to do the SVN migration rather sooner than later.
We offer to play with a full snapshot of the CVS repository here locally
(kindly receiving a copy from you) and try to migrate it here at IRST
in a local server to see how it works for branches etc.

Then we'll report back and give suggestions for the real migration
(which could be on "wald" or, if that's not possible, some OSGeo
infrastructure).
Since the bugtracker is already running on "wald" and svn also there,
it might be natural to keep the GRASS source code there, too, for the time
being.

Please let us know if you could package the CVS repository server-side into
a tarball.

Thanks,
Markus