GRASS SVN migration - was Re: [GRASS-dev] d.menu, d.ask

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Mar 13 10:59:32 EDT 2007

On Tuesday 13 March 2007 15:43, Markus Neteler wrote:
> Martin Landa wrote on 03/13/2007 02:05 PM:

> > no exact timeline exists AFAIK. There is plan to migrate to SVN in
> > connection to GRASS7. I hope it will be done soon.

> we would like to do the SVN migration rather sooner than later.

Fine.
I think wald is ready for this in principle.

> We offer to play with a full snapshot of the CVS repository here locally
> (kindly receiving a copy from you) and try to migrate it here at IRST
> in a local server to see how it works for branches etc.
>
> Then we'll report back and give suggestions for the real migration

This would be helpful of course, we did some scripting here for the last
few migrations we did, so we do have some experience.
(Maybe Bernhard H. or Thomas have some pointers.)

> Please let us know if you could package the CVS repository server-side into
> a tarball.

Sure we could pack it up. All modules would be 585 MByte.
Can you send my your OpenPGP key, we could place it on an access controlled
area so you can download and send you the link.

Best,
Bernhard