[GRASS-dev] make install fails with 6.3 CVS

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Wed Mar 14 07:45:33 EDT 2007

Maciej Sieczka wrote:

> Current 6.3 CVS builds fine, but on make install a bunch of:
>
> tar: path/to/file: file changed as we read it
>
> is issued (full log of make install is attached).
>
> Also some strange 'NONE' subdir is created in the source dir.

Ignore my previous message; I didn't see the attached log file.

INST_DIR is getting set to NONE/grass-6.3.cvs, which implies that
$prefix is NONE at the point that it's being evaluated.

This is a result of recent configure changes related to building a
MacOSX App. I didn't notice it before because I normally build with
--prefix=/opt.

I'm guessing that if you don't specify --prefix, the configure script
isn't substituting the default prefix until after we've used it. I
just need to quote ${prefix} so that it doesn't get substituted.