[GRASS-dev] make d.zoom aware of d.his wish

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Wed Mar 14 13:15:15 EDT 2007

Markus Neteler wrote:

> when only doing d.his, the d.zoom command doesn't
> find the maps and pops up the GUI. Would it be possible to
> change d.zoom accordingly? Or, maybe easier, d.his
> should advertise the raster maps which were used,
> to the driver?
>
> GRASS 6.3.cvs (nc_spm_02):~ > d.his h=elevation i=elevation_shade
> GRASS 6.3.cvs (nc_spm_02):~ > d.frame -l
> frame: full_screen
> rast:
> vect:
> commands:
> d.erase color=white
> d.his h_map="elevation" i_map="elevation_shade"
>
> I guess that 'rast:' needs to be populated somehow by d.his.

d.zoom should use the commands: list.

Trying to segregate everything into raster/vector simply doesn't work.
d.rgb fails similarly, and there are almost certainly other cases.

Also, all vector maps are redrawn with "d.vect map=<name>", ignoring
the 25 options and 3 flags which may have been used when originally
drawing the map. At least d.rast only has 3 options and 2 flags (which
are similarly ignored).