[GRASS-dev] wxPython requirements [was d.menu, d.ask]

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Fri Mar 16 12:15:22 EDT 2007

All adding a layer does is add another item to a tree control--in this case
CustomTreeCtrl.

The first think I'd check for you Martin is to make sure you have a wxpython
2.8.1 and python >= 2.4 combination (i.e., is it wxpython 2.8.1.1 and python
2.5 on you Debian notebook?)

The next is to run the wxpython demo and see if CustomTreeCtrl is working
correctly for you. If not, then this is the problem.

If the demo works OK (I hope so as this is a perfect tool to use), then
maybe you could take a look at my code for adding layers in
gismutil.py--start at line 102.

Michael

On 3/16/07 8:55 AM, "Martin Landa" <landa.martin at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> 2007/3/16, Michael Barton <michael.barton at asu.edu>:
>
>>> 1) When I add new layers, they are superposed in the layer tree, not one
>>> below the other. See http://geog-pc40.ulb.ac.be/grass/wxgrass1.png.
>>
>> This is very weird. I don't understand why this should happen for you.
>> Anyone else have this problem?
>
> I have the same problem (RedHat [python2.3 + wxpython 2.8.1.1] and
> Debian GNU/Linux [python 2.5].
>
> Martin

Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University