[GRASS-dev] wxPython requirements [was d.menu, d.ask]

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Fri Mar 16 12:45:13 EDT 2007

Michael - I was starting to think about checking out the wxpython GUI
developments on OSX.  Are you doing the development on your Mac?

The packages at

http://pythonmac.org/packages/

for OSX have wxpython 2.8.0.1, but not 2.8.1 yet.  Are you using a
different source for your python packages, or did you build wxpython
yourself?

On Mar 16, 2007, at 11:15 AM, Michael Barton wrote:

> All adding a layer does is add another item to a tree control--in
> this case
> CustomTreeCtrl.
>
> The first think I'd check for you Martin is to make sure you have a
> wxpython
> 2.8.1 and python >= 2.4 combination (i.e., is it wxpython 2.8.1.1
> and python
> 2.5 on you Debian notebook?)
>
> The next is to run the wxpython demo and see if CustomTreeCtrl is
> working
> correctly for you. If not, then this is the problem.
>
> If the demo works OK (I hope so as this is a perfect tool to use),
> then
> maybe you could take a look at my code for adding layers in
> gismutil.py--start at line 102.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

All generalizations are dangerous, even this one.