[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS-user] Compiling grass 6.2.1: i.class error

tlaronde at polynum.com tlaronde at polynum.com
Tue Mar 20 02:34:28 EDT 2007

On Tue, Mar 20, 2007 at 12:17:36PM +1200, Hamish wrote:
> Glynn Clements wrote:
> > AFAICT, the main problem with v.digit + v.to.rast is that v.digit
> > doesn't have a tool for drawing circles.
>
> this could be easily remedied, either using a gui circle widget tool or
> just with a line-arrow on the gui canvas to select the center and
> radius, then calculate 360 or so points to define the circle (as r.digit
> does already).

You have already a "rectifying" routine for arcs in v.in.dxf(1). In
KerGIS, I extract these to put them in a subdir of vector stuff (but these
are V0_* routines i.e. they work with a structure that has nothing to do
with the way arcs are stored; they manipulate raw geometry).

GRASS/KerGIS have to have routines to convert between raster and vector,
to rectify vector (we do not support for now something else than polylines
arcs), to rasterize (we have) and vectorize (some tools for now but I
plan, someday... to resurrect LTPlus too).
--
Thierry Laronde (Alceste) <tlaronde +AT+ polynum +dot+ com>
                 http://www.kergis.com/