[GRASS-dev] [grass-web R][340] Grass for Windows installation issue

grass-webr at wald.intevation.org grass-webr at wald.intevation.org
Thu Mar 22 04:37:57 EDT 2007

web R item #340, was opened at 2007-03-22 12:37
Issue status: needs more info
Site section: Home

Initial Comment:
Hello,

I am new to GRASS system, i have followed all the installation procedure mentioned on http://grass.itc.it/grass62/binary/mswindows/.

After successful installation of GRASS data and Cygwin I tried starting GRASS.

Cygwin window does not recognize command "Startx" it shows the error

As per the instruction if I edit Cygwin_forgrass.bat as

(add "set GRASS_AUTOSTART=1" and "-c startx")

@echo off

C:
chdir C:\cygwin\bin

set GRASS_AUTOSTART=1
bash --login -i -c startx

it does not accept the command. If someone can help me in this it would really be appricieated.

regards

Javed S