[GRASS-dev] v.clean tool=snap snapping any vertices, not only nodes

Maciej Sieczka tutey at o2.pl
Sun Mar 25 05:43:48 EDT 2007

Dear developers,

I was looking for a tool which would snap nodes of separate lines, to
connect them into one line. v.clean tool=snap however snaps any
vertices, not only nodes. Is it a bug? If not, I'd like to fill a wish
for a new v.clean tool that would snap *only nodes* (of separate lines,
so that the line would not snap to itself if the threshold was bigger
than the line's lenght) within the threshold, *leaving other vertices
alone*. Before doing that I'm asking for your opinion on whether such a
tool would make sense for others, and if v.clean is the right module to
ask for implementing such functionality.

Maciek