[GRASS-dev] Access of remote Mysql database ?

"Peter Löwe" peter.loewe at gmx.de
Wed May 2 04:40:54 EDT 2007

Dear all,

the problem I am dealing seems currently not to be covered in the manuals:

How to hook up a remote mysql-database which requires a login ?

There is a mysql-database "the_database" with a table "the_table" on a remote computer "dbserver.foo.org", which can be accessed by a db-user  "joshua" (password: swordfish).

The goal is to establish a layer 2 link between this table (let the column be "id") similar to:

v.db.connect -o map=my_map   table=the_table layer=2 key=id driver=mysql database="host=dbserver.foo.org,dbname=the_database" key=id

Unfortunately db.login does not provide means to enter a remote server.

Is there a known workaround like hacking the .grasslogin6 -file ?

Any help would be much appreciated,
Peter
--
Dr. Peter Löwe