[GRASS-dev] problems with mkftcap

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Wed May 2 12:06:47 EDT 2007

In fact, I was too hasty in my optimistic report. mkftcap works, but it
doesn't put the output into my $GISBASE/etc/freetypecap file. It just
outputs it to the terminal. I can manually deal with this

mkftcap>$GISBASE/etc/freetypecap

but something is not working right. Maybe need to recompile.

Michael

On 5/2/07 8:41 AM, "William Kyngesburye" <woklist at kyngchaos.com> wrote:

> I'm having a different problem with mkftcap - it's getting hung up
> doing nothing.  One on my processors maxes out and there is no disk
> activity for the find operations.
>
> I tried cutting out each part separately - find and fc-list - to see
> if one of those was the problem, but no go.
>
> Further cutting points to something wrong in the sed lines - if I
> remove those so the raw find and fc-list results are returned, it
> finishes.

>>> find
>>> usage: find [-H | -L | -P] [-EXdsx] [-f file] [file ...] [expression]
>>>
>>> Is this different from the standard?
>>
>> No, that's the right command; it appears -printf is a GNU extension.
>>
>> That shouldn't be a problem in this case; using:
>>
>> find "$dir" -type f -iname '*.ttf' -print | sed 's!^\(.*\)/\(.*\)$!
>> \2:\1/\2:utf-8:!'
>>
>> should do the same job.
>>
>> --
>> Glynn Clements <glynn at gclements.plus.com>

> -----
> http://www.kyngchaos.com/
>
> First Pogril: Why is life like sticking your head in a bucket filled
> with hyena offal?
> Second Pogril: I don't know.  Why IS life like sticking your head in
> a bucket filled with hyena offal?
> First Pogril: I don't know either.  Wretched, isn't it?
>
> -HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University

phone: 480-965-6213