[GRASS-dev] d.vect.thematic: v.univar.sh -> v.univar?

Daniel Calvelo dca.gis at gmail.com
Thu May 3 00:51:46 EDT 2007

Ooops, sorry for the noise. I managed to recompile CVS and of course I
had gotten it all wrong. v.univar and v.univar.sh have different
interfaces.

Good news: the attached d.vect.thematic version works using v.univar

Bad news: as pointed out in v.univar source, extended stats
(nonparametric) are only available for points/centroids

Martin, why is it harder to calculate those for area/boundary/line ?
Aren't we just accessing the db corresponding to the layer?

So currently, we can't fully replace v.univar.sh with v.univar for
d.vect.thematic purposes. The clean course of action is to extend
v.univar to calculate extended stats for the rest of types.

Daniel.