[GRASS-dev] GRASS 6.2.2 release candidate preparation

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Tue May 8 05:54:31 EDT 2007

Markus Neteler wrote:
> * NVIZ: volume problem (test with slovakia3d dataset) bug #4725 (Bob)
..
>   -> I have backported this fix, it seems to cure the problem

not 100% cured, see end of the bug report:
  https://intevation.de/rt/webrt?display=History&serial_num=4725

G622> nviz vol=vox50
#loads ok  (see bug report for generating vox50)
# view height -> 75.0
# Visualize -> Volumes
# Isosurface [Add]
Segmentation fault

Try again, then it works ok.

Same thing if started with "nviz -q" then load [New] Raster Volume.
First time you add a new isosurface it segfaults, if you restart nviz
then it works. Smells like a little uninit'd memory error remains.

Previously, AFAIK, it didn't segfault if you started with "nviz -q".
Apparently the fix makes the command line way better, but the manual
add way worse. ??

Hamish