[GRASS-dev] cause for bad colors in output from png driver

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Wed May 9 21:28:10 EDT 2007

On May 9, 2007, at 8:11 PM, Hamish wrote:

>> This corresponds to 0xAARRGGBB on a little-endian system and
>> 0xBBGGRRAA on a big-endian system (e.g. Mac).
>
> dumb question: are Intel Macs now little endian?

Intel Macs have always been little-endian.  Only the PPC Macs are big-
endian.  So, giving "Mac" as an example of big-endian is now not
sufficient.  You need to say PPC Macs and Intel Macs (big/little).

^_^

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

[Trillian]  What are you supposed to do WITH a maniacally depressed
robot?

[Marvin]  You think you have problems?  What are you supposed to do
if you ARE a maniacally depressed robot?  No, don't try and answer,
I'm 50,000 times more intelligent than you and even I don't know the
answer...

- HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy