[GRASS-dev] iconv a required dependency for using Freetype?

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Fri May 11 11:40:25 EDT 2007

Looks like Paul Kelly took care of the ultimate goal - figuring out
all the face indexes and generating a fontcap/ftcap file from that info.

A command to get info on individual font files might still be handy -
a user could check a new font before manually adding it to their
fontcap file.  I'd say one or two switches could be used to output
the font info in either of the fontcap/ftcap formats (when they
settle down).

On May 11, 2007, at 10:23 AM, Wolf Bergenheim wrote:

> Yes, I'm still offering. Now that I only have one geostatistics report
> to write I have finally some time to do other things too. Infact I
> think
> I can start it this weekend, and I think I can have it done by the end
> of next week.
>
> So I'm thinking by default d.freetype.info should print something in a
> nice human readable way, a bit like ftinfo does. And then if given a
> switch -s (for script) it will output a comma separated list instead.
> How does that sound?
>
> --Wolf
>
> On 08.05.2007 17:19, William Kyngesburye wrote:
>> On May 8, 2007, at 6:54 AM, Paul Kelly wrote:
>>
>> Wolf offered to work out this when he has time (in another thread I
>> started for that topic).  I was thinking that it might be useful
>> to do a
>> d.freetype.info module that mkftcap could use.  Users might want/
>> need to
>> see info about a font also.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

All generalizations are dangerous, even this one.