[GRASS-dev] Re: not quite there on fonts

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Fri May 11 13:33:00 EDT 2007

On Fri, 11 May 2007, Michael Barton wrote:

> I just updated a Mac in the lab. d.font ­l returns nothing, which makes the
> font list empty in the GUI. I tried manually running g.mkfontcap with a

Does it work OK if you start a monitor first (d.mon x0)? I think, because
of the way it now uses R_* functions it depends in some way on having some
valid display output working. From the commandline on Linux I noticed too
it outputs nothing, but when I set GRASS_RENDER_IMMEDIATE=TRUE first then
it outputs the list. On Windows the list showed up fine. So I was assuming
that gis.m must have set GRASS_RENDER_IMMEDIATE=TRUE and thus everything
was OK. Maybe there's something else on Windows that causes
GRASS_RENDER_IMMEDIATE=TRUE to be set? Or maybe I'm barking up the wrong
tree?