[GRASS-dev] Re: not quite there on fonts

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Fri May 11 14:05:49 EDT 2007

On Fri, 11 May 2007, Michael Barton wrote:

> Well, this is a clue indeed.
>
> If I open an xmon (d.mon x0), d.font -l makes a nice list of fonts and these
> even show up in the gui.

OK. I was just thinking, it is logical that you have to have a display
driver open (or at least indicate which one you are going to use) before
d.font can list the fonts, because the list might depend on which display
driver you are using. E.g. the possible future support for PostScript
built-in fonts that Glynn mentioned.

> GRASS_RENDER_IMMEDIATE is set to TRUE in the GUI, but that doesn't seem to
> make any difference.

But is it set at the point d.font is run, or is it only set after that?

gis.m uses direct rendering for all output, doesn't it, so it should be
safe to always have GRASS_RENDER_IMMEDIATE set, I think... ?

Paul