[GRASS-dev] R_panel_save/restore bug?

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Sat May 12 08:03:53 EDT 2007

Huidae Cho wrote:

> I found two annoying bugs in d.rast.edit (binary version).  As you can
> see from http://geni.ath.cx/grass/d.rast.edit.png , R_panel_save/store
> don't seem to work and R_set_window, which calls XSetClipRectangles, is
> effective even after the menu disappears.  The relevant code is in
> lib/display/popup.c.  Does anyone have any idea?

Try calling D_get_cur_wind() before changing the clip rectangle, then
D_set_cur_wind() to restore it afterwards.

Bear in mind that D_popup() will be eliminated once d.menu is no
longer required, or at the beginning of 7.x development if that comes
first.

Also, the C version of d.rast.edit is deprecated, and is no longer
being maintained (more significantly, it won't be taken into
consideration regarding any potential changes to the display
architecture).